InPlace is the easiest way to book trustworthy cleaning titres-services online, with no extra fees
02 588 99 91
Keeping a home clean is a task that brings satisfaction and health benefits. However, dust and grime have a sneaky habit of accumulating in the most hard-to-reach areas, making the task seem daunting. But worry not – there are several cleaning hacks that can make tackling these tricky spots much easier. Here are some tips and tricks for getting into those nooks and crannies with ease.
Gravity is a cleaner’s friend. Always start from the top of a room and work your way down. This means dusting ceiling fans, corners, and the tops of cabinets before moving to lower areas. By doing so, any dust or debris that falls will be swept up later when you clean the floors.
1. Duster with a Telescopic Handle: These are perfect for reaching high ceilings, cornices, and ceiling fans.
2. Microfiber Cloths on a Clamp: Attach a microfiber cloth to the end of a long-handled mop or broom using a clip or rubber band for wiping down distant surfaces.
1. Tennis Ball on a Stick: Cut a slit in a tennis ball, insert the end of a broomstick, and use it to wipe along high baseboards and moldings.
2. Bent Hanger Wrapped in a Cloth: For narrow spaces behind appliances, a wire hanger bent to the needed shape, with a cloth secured over it, can work wonders.
1. Old Toothbrushes: These are invaluable for grout lines, around faucets, and in other tiny crevices.
2. Paintbrushes: Soft-bristled paintbrushes can gently dust delicate items and reach into small spaces like keyboard keys or knick-knack shelves.
1. Tongs Wrapped in Microfiber Cloths: Secure cloths with bands around each arm of the tongs and clamp down on each slat to clean both sides at once.
2. Homemade Spray: A mix of water and vinegar sprayed onto HVAC vents will loosen dust and make it easier to wipe away.
1. Drain Cleaning: To clean drains, sprinkle baking soda inside, followed by white vinegar to create a foaming action, then flush with hot water.
2. Showerhead Soak: Fill a plastic bag with vinegar, tie it around the showerhead, and leave it to soak overnight to remove buildup.
1. Appliance Gaps: Use a yardstick covered in a cotton sock to swipe beneath and between appliances.
2. Cabinet Tops: Lay a sheet of wax paper on top of cabinets to catch grease and dust, then replace it periodically for effortless cleaning.
No more out-of-sight, out-of-mind—these hacks will help ensure that every corner of your home is sparkling clean. And remember, for those who may not have the time or ability to tackle these tasks, professional cleaning services are always an option. They have the expertise and equipment to do the job efficiently and effectively, ensuring a thoroughly clean home from top to bottom.
For a thorough and trustworthy cleaning service, reach out to InPlace: